Different finds inspiration in the most unexpected places. Different rethinks, re-imagines, and reinvents. Lenovo is different in over 160 countries. We are one of Interbrand’s 100 BEST global brands, BCG’s 50 most innovative companies, and #202 in the Fortune 500 list. It’s not just about being different. It’s about being better.
Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. Through our Entry Level Talent Program, Lenovo is developing career minded entry-level talent to drive the next generation in technology. University graduates who have a passion for technology and an aptitude for success are encouraged to apply.
About Our Team
Our team has been leading next generation wireless and standards research (3G, 4G, 5G) in Motorola, Motorola Mobility and Lenovo for over 20 years. It has experience working on both wireless network and device technology.
What You Will Do
Help drive research programs aimed at the design, analysis, modeling, prototyping of next generation wireless networks/devices & services. The candidate would contribute to the success of a team of exceptionally talented researchers with key deliverables including:
- Identification & evaluation of candidate solutions for next generation wireless systems, validate solutions via analysis, simulation and working prototypes;
- Analysis of mobile device implementation including transmitter & receiver subsystem designs and higher layer protocols;
- Helping to drive mobile platform innovation in collaboration with a world class engineering hardware team;
- Document results in technical reports, white papers, presentations, etc. MM needs world class wireless researchers capable of generating next generation wireless (5G, Next Gen WiFi) radio access interfaces and related standards. Position is in Chicago at the Merchandise Mart.
This role will be located at Motorola Business Group located in Chicago, IL at the Merchandise Mart, downtown Chicago.
Basic Qualifications: Currently pursuing PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science, with a focus on communications, information theory, or computer networking
Preferred Qualifications: ¬Possess strong analytical skills, and fundamental grasp of communications¬ theoretic concepts and demonstrate a substantial and consistent record of accomplishment in forward looking wireless technology/areas such as:
- mmWave communication in a small cell/HetNet environment,
- Device-to-Device Communications and Networks,
- Full Dimension (FD) MIMO transmitter (codebook) and receiver (IC, advanced receivers, feedback) design (3D MIMO/ Massive MIMO),
- Cognitive/Adaptive Wireless Mobile Radio Systems,
- AdHoc mobile networks,
- Cloud-Processing in Heterogeneous Mobile Communication Networks.
- In-depth knowledge of Matlab and C programming languages is essential.
It would be a plus if you
- The preferred candidate has exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
Recommended Course for this Job Assignment